Friday, July 15, 2011

The Name that I Wear

Write about SHOES.
Write for 5 minutes. No longer than that!

 My Double Link Challenge. 

I am linking today with The Red Dress Club and The Gypsy Mama.

I hope you enjoy this short thought, and I hope it LIFTS your mind to God. 




We live in a world that is branded. I cannot imagine that 100 years ago anyone would have considered that we would have names for our shoes.

photo credit - Pam Booher of my son, Austin. 
Can you imagine the poor shoemaker waking in the morning to the elves who had come in the night to complete the shoes while he slept...
"What were you thinking, little men, you put a TOMS label on the back of these RUNNING SHOES!?"

Everything that can be claimed, for the sake of advertising and sales, has been given a name. We are walking billboards for those who want to mount the world with their product or their name.
And, in my midlife attempts of trying to be in the know with the fashion-istas of the world, I reach a point where I trust in the knowledge that when the day finally comes that my body no longer succumbs to gravity, no one will care what brand I had on.  When I rise to the sound of trumpets, it will not matter what name is on the bottom shoes that I wear, but merely, the Name that is written on my heart.

"But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ." Philippians 3:7