Friday, July 22, 2011

Just Have a Taste

"This is so good... just have a taste!" 

And then my life changes forever. I am 20-years-old and I am sitting in Angels Stadium at a Billy Graham Crusade and the Lord nudges me to make the trip to the bottom of the stairs and across the grassy field.

A new fullness is coming my way that I had never known before. A new way to see myself and a new understanding of the world around me. And in this moment, I don't fully understand that this craving I have to be filled with the presence of the Lord will not go away completely. I will have many days where I wake up with a longing to be filled. And while I may wish that I could feel full all the time--this feeling is actually a gift from God. The needing to feel full is what will drive me to Him--to make me full. In order to be filled with His Spirit I have to draw near to Him. 

But, on this day, I know none of that. I only know that I want a taste.

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good. Psalm 34:8